Friday 22 October 2021

Alone but not alone

Me attempting to emulate Rumi. Will keep practicing.


 To bed alone, and awake, alone…

Well, I can

Take the time to stretch the body

To drink the lemon water

To ponder the advice of friends


Open the door and the air here is kissing me

Embracing me

Calling me to walk

But the neighbour stepped on a nail (that does not sound poetic)

the sea is singing to the right of me

I could use some jokers to the left


Ah. A deer. 

Another doe and her daughters

And then another two.

Jumping and joking, as requested.

Blue jays

Fluffing and flitting 

Even funnier.


A friend from France

Joins me for some conversation

The shades of loneliness

Men, our kids, ourselves… 

A heart touch.


I am alone, but not alone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you measure your achievements?

  A productivity guru on LinkedIn just asked how we plan to measure our achievements in 2024. Hm. I thought about it. I don't need an a...