Monday 29 February 2016

Part IV: Blessa & the Dragon












His footprints were deep
The gold must be heavy.
I followed my daughter
And the arrow
To my man
For an hour she walked
On her sturdy wee legs
Then, so tired
She turned to be lifted
And rode on my shoulders
Another long hour
I know that she napped, but
The arrow kept leading.
So follow I did.
All of  a sudden
The arrow shot up
Shot straight up in the air
My feet stopped moving
My eyes did stare.
The trees were aflame.
Not all, but some.
The snow was melted
In swathes of scorch.
Blessa woke up.
Her eyes saw the trees
She looked straight up
Up to the arrow.
She spoke
And her voice was strong.
"Wa, come." 
The arrow dropped 
Into her hands
She tore the sapphire free.
Then raised her right hand
Palm face front
She threw 
a stream of water
The sapphire sailed
The water arced.
Words came from
My daughter's mouth
Words I'd ne'er
Heard a'fore.
And the sapphire obeyed her.
The water flowed
From that small coin
In amounts you would not credit.
The fires went out
One then another
As my Blessa steered the coin.
Over one tree
Then over another.

She steered me, too. 
Even wi'out knowing
My feet moved to her bidding, 
Following along as she 
Put out the fires.
The arrow, now
A triangle
Hovered
Beside us.
And then I saw him
Ragmornaroch
His body was bent, 
Though his right arm 
Bravely
Held his sword
Blood poured from him
On the left
Or seemed to pour
So much blood on the snow!
And then I saw 
The creature he fought
A dragon.
Huge. Grey-silver, and
Like my husband
Bloody.
Also weary.
In its eyes it seemed I saw humanity.
Sadness. Fear.
As my eyes met the dragon's, 
It crumpled
To its knees.
"Choranromgar!"
'Twas the longest word 
Blessa'd ever said.
She squirmed
To be set down.
As her feet touched the snow, 
She turned to me.
Reached to the hovering triangle
Took out the emerald.
She pushed it into my hand.
"Ma. Fix Da."
I kenned at once.
The power still pulsed in me
From the fire.
The green of the emerald
Would give power to heal.
In my need to save my husband
I turned away from my daughter.
I moved toward Ragmornaroch
Already focussing the light on his wound
The wound I could see
How many more?
I reached him
My love
Reached to him
Put my hands on his side
Staunching the river of blood
Even as I kissed him
He kissed me back
I was reassured
There was strength in him yet
My love.
A sound distracted
We turned to look
We watched together
As the fearsome beast
Fell to its side
Closed its eyes
We watched its life force fade
I relaxed
Turned to my husband
Focussed.
Poured my energy in him.
Healing.
Hoped I was doing it right.
Hoped I was not missing other, serious wounds.
I heard him groan
My eyes darted to his face
His gaze was urgent,
Toward the dragon.
I looked.
Blessa was with it
She had toddled over
While I tended her dad.
She leaned on its side
Near its heart.
She took the ruby
Burning brighter than ever
And push it
Against the dragon's skin
The ruby went through, went in
Its life force flowed back.
We watched, aghast.
"Blessa, no!" I gasped.
"Choranromgar!" she shouted.
And again. "Choranromgar!"
But his life force faded again.
Her strong tiny body 
Pushed on his heart.
Her tiny strong body
Moved to his head.
"Choranromgar!"
She commanded again
But the dragon could not
Lift his head.
She returned to his heart
With the diamond now
In her hand,
It flared like a sun
melting the snow around.

She looked at it
Held it high
Roared Choranromgar! again
Then she thrust the diamond in.
Ragmornaroch and I felt the heat
It came over us in blasts
Was that our daughter?
She glowed.
And then the dragon glowed as well. 
From within, a bright light
A ball, a sun
It opened its eyes.
Choranromgar! shouted Blessa again.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I am going to link to this blog; I know many of my online friends will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for the connection (obvious to a word geek like me) to emerge. Moar, please!

    ReplyDelete

How do you measure your achievements?

  A productivity guru on LinkedIn just asked how we plan to measure our achievements in 2024. Hm. I thought about it. I don't need an a...